The Idea


My thoughts, opinions, experiences, and general dissertation on my quest for fitness (and keeping fit). I'll post on exercise, food, martial arts, body image, presence and personality, men's fashion, and occasionally something completely "off topic", just for fun.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Shadows

This past Saturday, I skipped my usual group classes to practice some Tai Chi outside. One of the other more senior students was there, and offered to practice the 24 Step tournament form with me.

I took a spot behind him and to his left, so I could follow his moves, but mainly so I could match his tempo. I'm trying to really get this down well and make it smooth, so I really wanted to keep a slow deliberate pace.

We practiced together for about 30 minutes, and during that time we began to lose our shade from the nearby tree. I started noticing our shadows on the ground as we moved. At one point I thought to myself, "this is really cool-it's like we're flying in formation or something."

It was a good day of practice, capping off a week where I really noticed some growth. In that moment, I really felt strong and graceful-maybe in my mind's eye I was flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment