The Idea


My thoughts, opinions, experiences, and general dissertation on my quest for fitness (and keeping fit). I'll post on exercise, food, martial arts, body image, presence and personality, men's fashion, and occasionally something completely "off topic", just for fun.

Monday, July 1, 2013

April 27, 2013

Some pre-tournament thoughts (originally posted on my FB page)-

Another great Saturday at kung fu-our tournament is next weekend, so we won't be back to the normal Saturday routine for 2 weeks. Used my lesson today with Mr. Roper to look beyond the tournament, and continue learning more of the 24 Step form; still have 2 more stripes to go. Afterward, I went out back and practiced more tournament form-feeling pretty good about it, although there are always thin...gs to work on and improve. Took shelter from the sun for a little while, then went inside for Qi Gong. I appreciated the opportunity to relax-we had a little emergency at home yesterday, so I was a little wound up over that. Nice to just breathe deeply and relax with some slow movement.

Just a few more days to practice for the Dragon Cup. One of the last things I have to master is lacing up my kung fu style shirt to wear with my uniform on tournament day. I have a feeling that I'll need to practice this in front of a mirror for a while, sort of like tying a necktie. On tournament day, I may need an instructor or one of the senior students to inspect me before I go into the ring....

No comments:

Post a Comment