The Idea


My thoughts, opinions, experiences, and general dissertation on my quest for fitness (and keeping fit). I'll post on exercise, food, martial arts, body image, presence and personality, men's fashion, and occasionally something completely "off topic", just for fun.

Monday, July 1, 2013

May 17, 2013

From FB-


Moving toward the next level of leg strength in Tai Chi. Last night's entire class was devoted to footwork and stance training, and it was a tough and educational experience. We focused on moving REALLY slowly, while maintaining control and being very conscious of where our weight was, and when we were truly ready to shift weight from one foot to the other. Learned some new exercises to practice, which will help with overall form. Anyone who thinks this is easy didn't see how sweaty we were after this class.

The evening's kicking class reinforced the need to develop leg strength and balance-I've been away from this for a while practicing for the tournament, and realized that I'd lost a little strength and balance during that time (I did make it through the Horse Stance challenge at the end of class, though :-)) Although I'm not going for a rank in Choy Li Fut, I do want to learn these techniques properly because I can see the benefits to my overall strength, balance and coordination. Although I enjoy the intensity of the workout, I think I'll take some of the kicking more slowly to begin with so I get the technique down properly. Always more to learn and practice....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment