The Idea


My thoughts, opinions, experiences, and general dissertation on my quest for fitness (and keeping fit). I'll post on exercise, food, martial arts, body image, presence and personality, men's fashion, and occasionally something completely "off topic", just for fun.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

White Fringe

February 14, 2015 - Today I passed my White Fringe test, and achieved the first Tai Chi rank in the White Dragon Martial Arts curriculum.*

The test was an endurance challenge as much as anything else-I performed the entire Yang style 24 Step form twice (left side/right side). Each performance of the form takes approximately 9 minutes.

This is a big milestone, since it means you've passed the "beginner" level.

Next up-the 40 Step form!

*The school has since shifted its curriculum, so in later posts you'll see reference to a different rank (green fringe). Students coming in now start with a white fringed sash, instead of the "No Fringe/stripes" progression we went through previously. Under the new system, I am now a Green Fringe, and will test for my blue fringe once I master the next level of material.

No comments:

Post a Comment